Paper Crafting Projects
Size of paper needed to make the project: 12" x 12"
Approximate Crafting Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
If you need a get-well-soon card or are congratulating a newlywed couple, check out this project!
- DCWV 12”x12” Embossed White Stack
- Sticker sentiment
- Coordinating cardstock
- Sewing machine (or needle and thread)
- Rhinestone embellishments
- Coloring book icon
- Paper Crafting adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Pencil (optional)
- Create 4-1/4”x5-1/2” card with the piece of solid cardstock.
- Cut a 3-3/4”x5” piece of embossed cardstock from desired design in the embossed stack. Adhere this to the front of the card. Add a straight stitch around all sides, 1/8” in from the edges of the cardstock piece.
- Add watercolors to the card in dots, dabs, and strokes to enhance the embossed cardstock design. Set aside to dry.
- Cut out an icon from a coloring book. Add watercolors to this as well, being careful to use a minimal amount of water to allow for easy drying.
- Once the icon is dry (as well as the card), adhere the icon to the card as desired. If needed, add additional watercolors or leave as is.
- Adhere rhinestones onto the card and icon where desired.
- Add a sticker sentiment to the bottom to finish.
- To avoid transferring adhesive onto a sewing machine/needle, use adhesive to secure the center area of the embossed cardstock in place and then stitch around the outside.
- Don’t have a coloring book you want to cut up? Find a custom image on the Internet and print it out to use on the card.