Paper Crafting Projects
Mardi Gras Mask
Mardi Gras Mask:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 12" x 12"
Approximate Crafting Time: 3-5 hours
Skill Level: Experience Necessary
Celebrate Mardi Gras in style!
- Mask form
- Wet glue
- Gold and White Stack
- Hot Glue and glue gun
- Metallic gold paint
- Paint brush
- 1 ¼ yards of 1 inch Purple ribbon
- Flip Side Cardstock Stack
- 2 yards Gold trim
- Use wet glue and paper from the Gold and White Stack to cover half of the mask form.
- With hot glue draw swirls or a pattern of your choice on the other side of the mask.
- Paint the glue half of the mask with metallic gold paint. Allow to dry.
- Cut the purple ribbon in half. Tie a knot in one end of each ribbon. Thread the ribbon through the holes mask. Glue knot in place.
- Add trim around the edge of the mask and around the eyes.
- Cut six 1 inch flower petals, four 1 ½ inch flower petals, eight 1 ¾ inch flower petals, and ten 2 inch petals. Assemble flower by adhering the petals from smallest to largest in a spiral shape.
- Cut one 8 x 3 1/2 inch feather. Cut a strip of gold paper for the center of the feather. Fringe cut the gold strip and adhere in place. Adhere feather to the side of the mask.
- Cut four 4 inch feather shapes from the Flip Side Cardstock Stack. Fan out feathers and adhere on top of the large feather.
- Cut five 3 inch feathers from the White and Gold Stack. Adhere over the larger feathers.
- Adhere flower over the feather cluster. If desired add other feathers underneath the flower.
- To switch up the style, select a different DCWV stack of your choice!