Paper Crafting Projects
Just For You Card
Just For You Card:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 12" x 12"
Approximate Crafting Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Make someone feel special with this adorable card!
- DCWV 12”x12” Birds and Butterflies Stack
- Sticker sentiment
- Scoring tool
- 1” circle punch
- Paper Crafting adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Pencil (optional)
- Create a 5-1/2”x5-1/2” card from desired print in the stack.
- Select 2 additional prints. Cut a 5-1/4”x5-1/4” square from one and a 5”x5” square from the other. Layer these onto the front of the card, adhering in place.
- Punch (2) 1” circles from another print in the stack. Cut a 2-1/4”x12” strip from a coordinating print in the stack. Turning the strip horizontally (lengthwise), make a score line every 1/4" on the paper from one side to the other (top to bottom). Accordion fold the strip back and forth until every line has been folded. Adhere the two ends together to create a cylinder (ensuring that the accordion fold is continuous). Gently press the top of the cylinder into the middle so that the paper fans out as shown. Adhere one circle to the front of the rosette and the other to the back to hold it in place. Adhere the rosette to the center of the card.
- Cut out several flowers and butterflies from the stack. Cut out a larger bird as well. Adhere the bird to the center of the rosette. Adhere the flowers and butterflies around it as desired.
- Add a sticker sentiment to the card to finish.
- Use a strong adhesive when creating the rosette for the center of the card (i.e. hot glue)
- Not interested in creating a rosette? Cut out a circle large enough to fit in the middle of the card and adhere it in place with foam dots to keep the 3D effect.