Paper Crafting Projects
Oversized Heartfelt Thank You Card
Oversized Heartfelt Thank You Card:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 11”x17”
Approximate Crafting Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Say more than just “thank you” for a job well done, be sure to show it with a card as well.
- DCWV 11”x17” Double-sided Brights Premium Stack
- DCWV Heartfelt Card template
- Craft knife
- Paper trimmer
- Bone folder or scoring tool
- Paper crafting adhesive (including dimensional foam squares)
- Printer or pen
- Cut a 2” x 17” strip of paper. Score the strip at 1” and fold in half (creating a 1”x17” strip).
- Adhere the folded strip as a binding to the edge of (2) 11” x 17” papers, thus creating a card. *Note: be sure to line up the edge of each 11”x17” sheet with the fold so that the card opens as desired.
- Cut half-heart shapes from a sheet of paper. Fold cut section up. Adhere the cut paper to the front of the card with dimensional foam squares.
- Print or write a sentiment onto a strip of paper. Cut the strip into a banner shape using the corresponding card banner template piece. Score and fold the banner using the dotted lines on the template as a guide. Adhere the banner to the front of the card.
- Not quite comfortable with cutting half heart shapes? Try cutting out several complete hearts from a coordinating piece of cardstock and adhering them to the front of the card using adhesive foam squares.
- Add in a print or different solids to create a customized card.
- Use the same design on different sizes of paper—this will create an easy variety of theme and purpose for each card.