Paper Crafting Projects
HOME Stag Head Card
HOME Stag Head Card:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 12" x 12"
Approximate Crafting Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
This is a cute way to welcome a new neighbor or congratulate a newlywed couple on their new home. What a delightful stag on the front!
- DCWV 12”x12” Lodge stack
- 5-1-2”x5-1/2” light brown card base and envelope
- Brown cardstock sheet
- White cardstock sheet
- Distressing stamp with black ink
- Personal die cut machine that includes alpha, leaf, shield and stag shapes
- Paper crafting adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Pencil (optional)
- Select (or create) a 5-1/2”x5-1/2” light brown card base.
- Select 2 coordinating prints from the stack. Cut one to 5-1/4”x5-1/4”; adhere it to the front of the card, centered between all sides.
- With the help of a diecut machine, cut the 2nd print to say HOME. *Note: when assembled, the letters should fit in a 4-3/4”x 4-3/4” space. Adhere in place.
- Cut 2 small leaf shapes from a white cardstock sheet.
- Cut a shield shape from the print used for the card background. Cut another shield shape from the brown cardstock, this time slightly smaller than the first. Add a light coating of paint on the front of the solid cardstock shield. Once that is dry, stamp on it a few times with the ink and distressing stamp. Adhere the 2 shields together, the smaller to the center of the larger one.
- Cut a stag head shape from the brown cardstock sheet that is proportional to the size of the shield grouping from step 5. Adhere it to the lower section of the shield as shown. Adhere the 2 leaves behind it (left side) and then adhere the grouping to the center of the card.
- Don’t have a personal die cut machine? Try drawing your own custom templates or find the ones you like online!
- If desired, distress the letters in step 3 by stamping on them before they are adhered in place.