Paper Crafting Projects
HOME Feather Card
HOME Feather Card:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 6" x 6" & 12" x 12"
Approximate Crafting Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Here's a charming variation of the HOME card, great if you know a newlywed couple purchasing their first house together!
- DCWV 12”x12” Lodge stack
- 5-1-2”x5-1/2” white card base and coordinating envelope
- 6”x6” white cardstock sheet
- Distressing stamp with black ink
- Personal die cut machine that includes alpha and feather shapes
- Paper crafting adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Pencil (optional)
- Select (or create) a 5-1/2”x5-1/2” white card base.
- Select 2 coordinating prints from the stack. Cut one to 5-1/4”x5-1/4”; adhere it to the front of the card, centered between all sides.
- Using a diecut machine cut the 2nd print to say HOME. *Note: when assembled, the letters should fit in a 4-3/4”x 4-3/4” space.
- Cut 2 feather shapes, each in a different size, from a white cardstock sheet. Attach them together at the top with a piece of twine (adding a dab of glue between them for extra security. Adhere the feather bundle to the center of the card as shown.
- If desired, trace around the letters with a pen to give them added visibility.
- Don’t have a personal die cut machine? Try drawing your own custom templates or find the ones you like online!