This necklace requires very special tools and a couple of daring maneuvers, but the results are spectacular!
1. Begin by preparing the pendants to be linked together. Place the Black Faceted Glass Pendant face down on a heat resistant surface and use the heat gun to apply heat to the back. The heat will loosen the glass from the bezel frame.
2. Once the bezel frame is freed from the glass, use the hand drill to create a small hole centered at the bottom edge of the bezel frame. Use a 3” piece of wire to form a wrapped loop through the drilled hole, leaving 1.5” of the wire free so it can later be used to connect to a pendant.
3. Use multi-purpose permanent adhesive to glue to the glass back into the bezel frame. Use wire cutters to remove the bale.
4. Repeat Steps 1-3 with the Oval Brown Faceted Glass Pendant.
5. Use the hand drill to create a small hole in the Starburst Pendant, opposite of the bale. Use wire cutters to remove the bale.
6. Remove the ring from the end of the necklace; use the wire cutters to remove 2” from the end of the necklace and re-attach the ring.
7. Connect the pendants as follows:
-Use a jump ring to attach the bottom of the Open Cross to the loop of the Round Black Faceted Pendant
-Use the excess 1.5” silver wire (from Step 2) to form a wrapped loop securing the Round Black Faceted Pendant to the Multi-Stone Pendant
-Use a 3” length of wire to form a double-wrapped loop securing the Multi-Stone Pendant to the Butterfly Pendant, as shown in the picture
-Use the excess 1.5” silver wire (from Step 4) to form a wrapped loop securing the Butterfly Pendant to the Oval Brown Faceted Pendant
-Use a jump ring to attach the Oval Brown Faceted Pendant to the hole drilled in the Starburst Pendant
8. Use the ring of the necklace to attach to the hole (where the bale was prior to removal) of the Starburst necklace.
9. The lobster clasp attaches to the Open Cross Pendant, and continues to act as the clasp of the necklace.
1 – Open Cross Toggle BM16130
1 – Round Black Faceted Glass Pendant BM16225
1 – Blue/Green Multi-Stone Pendant BM16223
1 - Butterfly Pendant BM16137
1 – Oval Brown Faceted Glass Pendant BM16235
1 – Multi-Stone Starburst Pendant BM16219
1 – 16” Antique Silver Necklace BM15927
9” – 24 Gauge Silver Wire BM11146
4 – 8mm jump rings
Heat gun (a hot hair dryer on low can work too!)
Round nose pliers
Chain nose pliers