Denim Framed Heart Photo Display
Denim Framed Heart Photo Display:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 12”x12”
Approximate Crafting Time: 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours
Smooth sailing is ahead with this cute photo memory board project, which is no trouble to make and a perfect fit for a nautical-themed room.
- DCWV 12”x12” Paper-Backed Denim Stack
- 12” x 12” shadow box
- Craft foam (needs to measure 12”x12” and approximately 1/8” to 1/4" thick)
- Glue sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Paper piercer
- Brads (8)
- Select desired denim solid from the Denim stack. Select a coordinating print. Put the print in the 12”x12” shadowbox.
- Cut a 10-1/2”x10-1/2” heart. Adhere this to a piece of craft foam and trim around the edges so no foam is showing. Adhere the grouping to the center of the print in the frame.
- Cut a chevron design from a contrasting denim sheet. Lay this on top of the heart, arranging until desired look is achieved. Adhere in place.
- Cut (12) 1/4"x6” strips of denim from various pages. Put a brad through the first (3) of the 1/4”x6” strips then braid them together.Hold the braid in place with a brad at the other end. Repeat until there are 4 sets of braids.
- Place the braids across the heart as desired then adhere the ends of each strip in place.
- Add in pictures or other memorabilia then hang where desired.
- When creating the chevron design, trace it out on the back of the denim paper first before cutting.
- Use the paper piercer to help when putting the brad through the denim.