Paper Crafting Projects
Size of paper needed to make the project: 12”x12”
Approximate Crafting Time: 30 minutes
Add the beautiful texture of burlap in bold red for accents that are sure to be show stopping!
- 12”x12” DCWV Premium Stack: Red, Black, and Gray Burlap Stack
- DCWV Scallop Rose Template
- Tweezers, quilling tool, or pen to help with rolling the flower
- Floral wire
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Floral tape
- Coordinating feathers
- Pearl pins
- Using the template cut a rose shape from desired burlap sheet.
- Tightly roll the flower shape up like a cinnamon roll, beginning at the outer edge of the spiral and rolling to the center. Release and allow the spiral to uncoil a little until desired look is achieved.
- Curl back the edges of each petal.
- Fold a floral wire in half. Poke the ends of the wire through the center base of the spiral flower and down through the bottom.
- Hot glue the rolled spiral to the center base of the spiral. Hold it in place until cooled.
- Wrap the floral wire with floral tape to make it look like a flower stem, pulling the tape to make it stick.
- Complete the stem look by wrapping jute around the floral tape.
- Hot glue feathers behind the rose.
- Add pearl pins.
- Change up the color of the burlap, add more feathers, or embellish the final project to give it your personal touch!
- Add color to the edges by brushing on a light coat of paint.
Click HERE to download.