Paper Crafting Projects
Size of paper needed to make the project: 12”x12”
Approximate Crafting Time: 1 to 2 hours
Whether you are looking for something to accent your current wall décor, need to create some custom party decorations, or just want a fun project to complete, the burlap sunflower is a great place to start!
- DCWV 12”x12” Natural burlap premium stack
- DCWV Burlap Sunflower Template
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Dimensional foam
- Using the template cut three large petal flower shapes from the burlap. *Note: do not cut the circle from the center.
- Using the template cut two small petal flower shapes from the burlap.
- Put a dot of hot glue at the base of a petal. Pinchtogether. Repeat thisprocess for every other small petal.
- Repeat step 3, this time with each large petal.
- Layer the flower shapes together with the larger flowers at the bottom and the smaller flowers on top. Adhere in place.
- Cut a burlap circle using the center of the large flower template as a guide. Cut a circle that is slightly smaller using the dimensional foam. Adhere these two together and add the grouping to the center of the flowers from step 5.
- Embellish the flower with jute rope.
- If the burlap starts to fray, add a thin line of glue or clear nail polish to the outsides to stop it from unraveling any further.
- Sharp scissors work best with the burlap.