Paper Crafting Projects
Mixed Media Bird Tag
Mixed Media Bird Tag:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 12" x 12"
Approximate Crafting Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Add a unique touch to any gift!
- DCWV 12”x12” Birds and Butterflies Stack
- Cardstock tag
- Variety of paint (i.e. black, red, white, purple)
- Variety of paper crafting pens (i.e. black, white)
- Paint brush
- Texture paste
- Paper Crafting adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Pencil (optional)
- Following the manufacturers recommended instructions, use the stencil and the texture paste to apply a base layer to the tag.
- Once the base layer is stiff enough, add a few layers of paint to match the colors of the Birds and Butterflies stack prints.
- Cut out a small rectangle from a print in the stack to create a pocket on the front. Adhere it in place around 3 of the edges (leave the top open). Add additional paint to the front of the pocket; set aside to dry.
- Cut out a bird from the stack, as well as 3 circle shapes. Once the paint is dry on the tag, adhere the circles and bird to the front of the tag pocket as shown.
- Use the pens to add a variety of doodles on and/or around the bird and the circles.
- Cut a small tag from another print in the stack. Write desired message and slip it into the pocket on the front of the tag.
- Not as familiar with texture paste? Check online and find your next favorite tutorial on how to use it best.