Paper Crafting Projects
Super Bowl Banner
Super Bowl Banner:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 12" x 12"
Skill Level: Some Experience Necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: 1-2 hours
Celebrating your team's Super Bowl win? This is the project for you!
- Good Eats Stack
- Scissors and paper slicer
- Small hole paper punch
- Brown cardstock
- White cord
- Paper piercer or large needle
- Large popsicle sticks
- 2 Pails
- Cut three 2.5” x 4” rectangles from the Good Eats Stack. Remove a triangle-shaped-section from the bottom of each rectangle creating a pendant. Repeat for three smaller pendants. Layer the smaller pendants on top of the large pendants and adhere in place. Punch 2 holes in the top corners of each pendant.
- Cut three football-shapes from brown cardstock. Use a paper piercer or large needle to poke holes in the cardstock. Thread the white cord through the holes to imitate the football lacing. Punch a hole in each end of the football.
- Cut letters out of paper from the Good Eats Stack to create the desired phrase. Punch holes in each letter.
- Cut 5 4” strips from the Good Eats Stack. Cut slits in the strip to make fringe. Roll up the fringe strips and adhere in place with glue to create tassels. Make a loop at the top of each tassel.
- String the pendants, footballs, letters, and tassels together to create two banners.
- Glue the large popsicle sticks together to resemble two goal posts.
- Place Styrofoam firmly in the bottom of the pails. Push the goal posts into each pail. Tie the banners between the two goal posts.
- Great for any dip, snack, or even use it as a cake banner!