Paper Crafting Projects
Size of paper needed to make the project: 11”x17”
Approximate Crafting Time: 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours
Rain, rain, go away—but the paper clouds and raindrops can stay! Use this fantastic cloud and raindrop mobile to accent the corner of a room or as part of the décor for a baby shower.
- DCWV 11”x17” Premium Cardstock Stack: Neutrals
- DCWV Raincloud Mobile template
- Craft knife
- Paper Crafting adhesive
- Large and small embroidery hoops (one of each)
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Using the template cut two cloud shade pieces. Cut out the clouds and set them to the side. Adhere one side of each shade piece together creating a long strip.
- Tie string to four spots on a hoop to hang the shade, leaving at least 12”-15”of string at the ends. Tie a smaller hoop to the other side of the large hoop (side opposite the strings), attaching in four spots as well. The small hoop should hang a few inches lower.
- Adhere the long strip of cloud shade to the large hoop. Trim if needed.
- Adhere some of the cloud shapes to the small hoop to show through the cloud holes in the shade.
- Cut more cloud shapes and raindrops using the template. Layer the remaining cloud shapes in different sizes. Sew the layered clouds and raindrops together, leaving a long tail on each to make several long groupings.
- Hang the cloud and raindrop strings from the small hoop.
- Instead of using embroidery hoops inside the mobile, try using or metal rings instead.
- Use this to accent a nursery, play room, preschool class, and more.
- Add in additional color cardstock, printed cardstock, stamped designs, or assorted embellishments to personalize the mobile.