Summer Road Trip Partner Hop!!!
by Piali B | 3 years ago
Hello DCWV Fans!!
Welcome to the Summer Road Trip Partner Hop!!!
Today we’re joining with Spellbinders for a fun blog hop!! We’ve got 2 cards to show you today. Lets turn the time over to Piali first.
I’m Piali and I have a CAS card for you all.
I used the fabulous new Spellbinders Sapphire dies, available at www.joann.com, for my project.
I kept the card very clean and simple….just used soft colored DCWV cardstock for my background.
I created a faux embossed look with the Spellbinders Mini Medallion Two dies. Its a easy way to create a custom background. Die cut few medallions using same colored cardstock as the cardbase .
Then adhere them on the cardbase to create the faux embossed look…
I used a pretty aqua color for the focal medallion.
For my sentiment, I used several layers of label dies from Simply Tags set. I love adding some gold & silver to CAS cards, so I used DCWV Glided Stack.
Finally, I heat-embossed my sentiment using silver embossing powder and added few DCWV- rhinestone hearts.
Hope you like this card!!!
Hi everyone, it’s Jessi! I was asked to create a project using some fabulous dies from Spellbinders. Here is what I came up with:
Need some directions? Here you go:
1. Create the A2 card base with ivory cardstock.
2. Pick out patterned paper from the DCWV The Coral Couture Stack.
3. Using the new Spellbinders Sapphire Dies Basic Tag Two (PHD-009) and Birds and Butterflies (PHS-507), create the diecuts of the bird, branch and label.
4. Stamp sentiment on oval diecut. Attach to the center of the label.
5. Form background panel with two patterned papers. Adhere gold label diecut. Attach satin ribbon to the label and adhere ends on the back of panel. Attach background panel to the card base.
6. Attach the branch diecut to the card.
7. With the use of Glue Dots, form “nest” with twine ribbon. Attach bird diecut to the branch.
Stop by My blog for more projects using the new Spellbinders Sapphire Dies!
Thanks ladies for your craftiness! With great paper from DCWV and great dies from Spellbinders, it is hard to go wrong on a project. Especially when the Sapphire makes cutting and embossing so easy for any level of crafter! The Sapphire™ machine and the Sapphire™ dies are sold exclusively at Jo-Ann craft stores and Joann.com. Visit www.SpellbindersCreativeArts.com/Sapphire to learn more.
There are amazing prizes to win in conjunction with this hop. Not only are the other participants for today giving away items, but we’re also giving away 2 project stacks to 1 winner! To enter, click on this link. As if that wasn’t awesome enough, Spellbinders is also having a giveaway. Go here to learn more about winning a Sapphire™ Machine!
As mentioned above, tThe blog hopping fun continues today on 3 other blogs. Be sure to catch the eye candy (and enter to win more giveaways!) by clicking on the following links: