Paper Crafting Projects
Floral Hexagon Gift Box
Floral Hexagon Gift Box:
Size of paper needed to make the project: 12" x 12"
Approximate Crafting Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
This gift box is perfect if you want to thank someone, like a teacher or a neighbor!
- DCWV 12”x12” Stack: Gilded Grey
- Personal electronic cutting machine
- SVG Attic Cut file: Hexagon Box
- SVG Attic Cut File: Flower of choice
- Sentiment stamp
- Ink pad
- Buttons, sequins, metal key (all in coordinating tones and colors)
- Paper punch
- Paper Trimmer
- Paper crafting adhesive (including hot glue, liquid glue and double-sided adhesive tape)
- Cut out a hexagon-shaped box from the Gilded Grey papers using the Hexagon box file and papers from the Gilded Grey stack. Assemble the box using liquid glue.
- Adhere the burlap and ribbon together using adhesive tape. Loosely wrap them around the box to create a band and adhere the ends together using hot glue.
- Select additional prints from the stack. Using the flower cut file(s) from SVG Attic and the cardstock prints, cut out a large flower to go on the top of the box. Assemble the flower together and add it to the center of the ribbon band.
- Embellish the center of the flower with a stack of buttons.
- Create a tag from 2 prints in the stack. Stamp a sentiment in the middle of the top print and attach it underneath the flower.
- Embellish the box as desired with sequins, additional lace and the metal key.
- Don’t have access to a Cricut machine? Find another box template online.
- Make sure band can be slipped on and off the box before adhering the ends together
- Instead of hot gluing the ends of the ribbon together, try stitching them in place.