1. Cut a 3” length of 24 gauge silver wire.
2. String purple 5mm faceted bead onto the wire. Make wrapped loops on both sides of the bead using the wrapped loop technique.
3. Use an oval jump ring to attach one loop of this wrapped bead to the “Love is Patient” pendant
4. Cut a 3” length of 24 gauge silver wire.
5. String light purple 8mm faceted bead onto the wire. Make wrapped loops on both sides ensuring that one end is connected to 5mm faceted purple bead from Step 2 before closing the final loop.
6. Continue to make beaded chain, alternating wrapped 5mm faceted purple and 8mm faceted light purple glass beads until you have used seven 8mm light purple beads and eight 5mm beads. Before closing the final loop on the last 5mm bead, make sure to add a lobster clasp.
7. Repeat Steps 1-6 for the other side of the necklace. Ensure the final 5mm bead is connected to the tag portion of the lobster clasp prior to closing the final loop.
8. Cut 1 ½” of 24 gauge silver wire.
9. Make a loop on the one end of the wire using the simple loop technique.
10. Connect this wire to one of the jump rings connected to the pendant.
11. String one 5mm, one 8mm and one more 5mm bead on this length of wire.
12. Make another loop, ensuring that this beaded unit is connected to pendant’s second jump ring.
13. Use a hand drill to create three 1.5mm diameter holes on the bottom of the pendant.
14. Cut two 1 ¼” lengths and one 1 ½” length of fine cable chain.
15. Use an oval jump ring to attach the 1 ½” length of chain to the middle hole drilled in the pendant in Step 13.
16. Use oval jump rings to attach the two 1 ¼” chain pieces to the outer holes in the same fashion.
17. String a 5mm faceted purple bead on a head pin. Make a wrapped loop above, ensuring that this bead is connected to the chain piece end before closing the loop.
18. Repeat Step 17 two more times to complete the final two pieces of chain.
Additional Products Used
5 - silver oval jump rings.
21 - 5mm faceted purple crystals
15 - 8mm light purple faceted crystals
92” of 24 gauge silver wire